Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SHARING PAIN AND AGONY

A 30 years old female EWS patient Mamta r/o New Seelampur Jhuggi came to my office at Tis Hazari Courts with acute body pain in the morning of Saturday 08 June 2013 for help. Initially, I thought to get her admitted in Max Hospital, Patparganj, East Delhi but as I was going for inspection of Shanti Mukand Hospital, Vikas Marg Extension, East Delhi I took Mamta and her mother with me to Shanti Mukand Hospital and got Mamta admitted in the Hospital. On next day, Sunday, 09 June 2013, Mamta's poor mother called me through some body's else mobile phone and informed me that the Doctor has asked her to purchase some injections from the chemist shop and she has no money at all. I immediately talked to the Hospital's Doctor & Nurse and reminded them that Mamta is an EWS patient and the Hospital is obliged to provide every medicine free of cost to her. The Doctor & Nurse told me that as it was Sunday, Medical Superintendent was not there to sign the slip for free medicine and therefore, the patient has to purchase the medicine. Shockingly, despite prescription, Manta was not given the required medicines/injections on Sunday. In this backdrop, I was very much upset and even could not sleep well. Next day, Monday 10 June 2013, I reached Shanti Mukand Hospital at about 10.00 am to got Manta discharged from the Hospital and took her to Max Hospital, Patparganj. Doctors at Max Hospital immediately admitted her in Emergency and by the evening, she was shifted to the Ward where she is still undergoing medical treatment. I am really grateful to the Max Hospital and particularly to Mr. Krishanan, EWS Nodal Officer for their prompt response to my call.

No comments: